Author Topic: Firmware update Comm Error  (Read 5171 times)

Offline Porvair

• BHP: 0
Firmware update Comm Error
« on: October 06, 2018, 10:10:45 pm »
Hi all,

I've gotten stuck in safe mode and want to do a firmware upload so I can upload a good config.  V 3.0 VEMS so Bluetooth only and no serial port.

I keep running into a Comm error where the VEMS disconnects from my laptop as I try to use either the firmware upload wizard or if I skip that step and just try to upload firmware.  I've tried maybe 20 times, and I have occasionally been able to begin the firmware upload, but in those cases, I get to the end of the 8 or so minute process, and then VEMS disconnects with a "Port cannot open" error message and I'm back to square one.

Any ideas? 

I know there is a reset that can be done by jumping serial port pins, but I don't have a serial port.

Thanks

Offline Kamuto

• BHP: 19
Re: Firmware update Comm Error
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2018, 11:43:16 pm »
Hi all,

I've gotten stuck in safe mode and want to do a firmware upload so I can upload a good config.  V 3.0 VEMS so Bluetooth only and no serial port.

I keep running into a Comm error where the VEMS disconnects from my laptop as I try to use either the firmware upload wizard or if I skip that step and just try to upload firmware.  I've tried maybe 20 times, and I have occasionally been able to begin the firmware upload, but in those cases, I get to the end of the 8 or so minute process, and then VEMS disconnects with a "Port cannot open" error message and I'm back to square one.

Any ideas? 

I know there is a reset that can be done by jumping serial port pins, but I don't have a serial port.

Thanks

sorry, it's impossible that you dont have serial port
Vems installer in Lithuania
[email protected]

Offline Porvair

« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2018, 12:46:23 pm »
Where is the serial port Kamuto?  Do I need to open the VEMS box?  Externally I only have EC36 and EC18.  Thanks.

Offline Kamuto

• BHP: 19
« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2018, 10:45:27 pm »
Where is the serial port Kamuto?  Do I need to open the VEMS box?  Externally I only have EC36 and EC18.  Thanks.
where do you have your bluetooth connected?
Vems installer in Lithuania
[email protected]

Offline Porvair

« Reply #4 on: October 14, 2018, 08:42:12 pm »
Bluetooth is built into the VEMS and I am communicating with a Levono laptop with built-in Bluetooth.  The VEMS has no external serial port, so no external Bluetooth adaptor.

Offline MWfire

• BHP: 35
« Reply #5 on: October 14, 2018, 10:00:13 pm »