Author Topic: Have the firmware upgrades.....  (Read 10228 times)

Offline Denmark

• BHP: 7
Have the firmware upgrades.....
« on: February 17, 2009, 11:23:42 pm »
Hi All,

I´m soon going make a Impreza again, and i can see that i want some of the new upgrades tha are in the firmware newer then 1.0.73,
But it seems that there is none released, and that there is aleast 20 different versions, some with this and some with that,
But secrets and, you got to know someone, that knows someone else, that might be able to tell a about a 4th person who might know, what a spicific feature is doing,but dont tell how it works.

If i will upgrade a 1.0.73 firmware running 36-1, with no cam sensor, but would like a boostcontrol that works/(better then 1.0.73), accel enrichment  that works.16x14 tables.
the best thing would be that there would be a working dropdown menu, with working trigger setups

can anyone tell me what version to use , or can someone make a version, that is complete with all that things in one relase, as this would be best.

I´m also going to make my own s13, when i get the time, and can the same version firmware be used, or does this need another special secret version.

Thanks,
Skassa
working on the boxer

Offline MWfire

• BHP: 35
Re: Have the firmware upgrades.....
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2009, 01:33:13 am »
http://netload.in/dateiUj7KyLjq5M/firmware_1.1.47_ext_v2fixed.rar.htm and you can use speed sensor for boost depending on gear.

Offline Sprocket

• BHP: 29
« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2009, 05:47:42 am »
Just double check your crank trigger set up BEFORE you start the engine, you might find you lost 10 degrees ignition advance. Get the timing light out and check it ;)

Offline dnb

• Global Moderator
  • BHP: 19
« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2009, 06:59:52 am »
1.1.44 works fine on my TVR.  It's fairly easy to get too, and the only thing I can see that it doesn't have is gear dependant boost.  But since it's a NA car, I can live without that...

Offline [email protected]

• BHP: 49
    • VEMS Forum
« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2009, 02:45:34 pm »
Did you change the MAT table when you went from 1.0.73 to 1.1.44?

Offline dnb

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5 on: February 18, 2009, 07:45:20 pm »
I had to Rob.  It was only a 1D table in 1.0.73 and the air temperature vs density compensation was built in to the fuelling equation.  1.1.44 has a 2D (TPS against MAT) table instead.

I am using the lower TPS bins of this table to prevent leaning out when heatsoak happens, and the rest of the table follows the conventional gas laws for the moment.  (I can see the benefit in deviating from this in a turbo'd car at high TPS, but for the moment I don't need to)

• VEMS Forum
« Reply #6 on: February 18, 2009, 10:00:19 pm »
Yes, I know ;) What I was wondering was what numbers you'd used and how they were achieved?

Then I can make a standard table for people to start from.

Offline Denmark

« Reply #7 on: February 18, 2009, 10:48:00 pm »
OKay,
So they are just working out of the box,
I cant download the first 1.0.47,
But if the only change is the gearboost thing, then i can live witout it as its "only" for a costumer, and not for mself :)

i saw that this could be the standard seting for the mattable

I will try to see if i can get on of the newer version to run.

Do anyone know, why it is , that none of the versions have been relased?

Thanks alot,
Skassa

working on the boxer

Offline dnb

• Global Moderator
« Reply #8 on: February 18, 2009, 10:53:12 pm »
No idea why they aren't released. 

Rob, I will post up my MAT table - it's a little different to Skassa's because I used a slightly bigger range of temperatures and TPS but it follows the same curve.

• VEMS Forum
« Reply #9 on: February 18, 2009, 11:20:41 pm »
Hmm, the problem with that is if I was at 70degIAT WOT I'd want the thing close to rich-misfire in an attempt to cool the engine down.

Offline Denmark

« Reply #10 on: February 18, 2009, 11:48:28 pm »
The one i found, was the one that was just released the otherday, on Wiki.

another case, how is it going with the impreza, is it running wthout the cranking misfire still?

/Skassa

working on the boxer

• VEMS Forum
« Reply #11 on: February 19, 2009, 03:29:01 am »
dnb seemed to have no cranking misfire.  What spec did you get the VEMS with?  There are different filters on the Audi trigger ones apparently (found this out the other day).

Offline Denmark

« Reply #12 on: February 19, 2009, 04:21:39 am »
Yep,

I also just heard from Peter that the asampled audi vems he got for himself,
have different grund wiring, for the trigger, were the ground goes diectely to the chip, so i dont join the other grounds,
Maybe that can have a say with this too.
The ones i got have always been the ones, were i put them together myself, with no modification to filters.

But i have alsp changed the from the oe subaru trigger to the 36-1 wheels i got made, becourse i go tired of the cranking trigger errors,.

Thanks,
Skassa
working on the boxer

Offline dnb

• Global Moderator
« Reply #13 on: February 19, 2009, 05:25:38 am »
Rob's correct.  My Subaru didn't seem to be afflicted with the cranking trigger errors.

I have another to do in March, so I will have more data then.

Offline Denmark

« Reply #14 on: February 19, 2009, 10:45:35 pm »
OKay,

what firmware were you using on it, as i dont understand, why i hade the cranking error on 4-5cars, and i then gave up, and put the 36-1 wheel on, changed the trigger settings, and off they go,

I was using 1.0.73 on all of them.
did you mount any other filters or anything to make the vems read the trigger signals better?

As im just thinking if i could give it ago again, without the triggerwheel change

Thanks,
Skassa
working on the boxer