Author Topic: Hi, just ordered my ecu  (Read 5467 times)

Offline se7ensport

• BHP: 6
Hi, just ordered my ecu
« on: April 04, 2007, 04:33:18 pm »
Thought it only polite to say hello and introduce myself before I start asking questions.

I ordered a complete kit from Rob yesterday, on getting home I promptly changed my mind about the spec and decided to get the knock sensor added/enabled (sorry Rob, I don't mean to be indecisive).

It seems the more I read about ecu's and their ability the more I realise how little I know, curiosity is a funny thing, you don't realise how much you are going to want something until you understand it.

My project:

Sylva Stylus 2.0 pinto with race head (12:1 ish), FR33 cam and ZZR1200 carbs, currently running weber alpha ignition.

I'm going to use the ecu with bike carbs to start with to set the ignition and then fit GSXR 1000 K6 throttle bodies (8 injector type) once I have sourced fuel pump and made tank mods.

Alex

Ps

I recognise Agriv8 from locostbuilders.

Offline damo_S13

• BHP: 5
Re: Hi, just ordered my ecu
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2007, 05:04:35 pm »
sounds like a good project to me

you wil love the vems i do mine :) i ended up with just about every feature it has lol

damo
building vems 4age with itb powered corolla

Offline Agriv8

• BHP: 4
« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2007, 05:45:53 pm »
Thought it only polite to say hello and introduce myself before I start asking questions.

I ordered a complete kit from Rob yesterday, on getting home I promptly changed my mind about the spec and decided to get the knock sensor added/enabled (sorry Rob, I don't mean to be indecisive).

It seems the more I read about ecu's and their ability the more I realise how little I know, curiosity is a funny thing, you don't realise how much you are going to want something until you understand it.

My project:

Sylva Stylus 2.0 pinto with race head (12:1 ish), FR33 cam and ZZR1200 carbs, currently running weber alpha ignition.

I'm going to use the ecu with bike carbs to start with to set the ignition and then fit GSXR 1000 K6 throttle bodies (8 injector type) once I have sourced fuel pump and made tank mods. 

Alex

Ps

I recognise Agriv8 from locostbuilders.

Me  -- yup on here as well.

Good choice of ECU and join the club on the learning as you go along.

Things I have learnt so far is a
1 - Earthing the vems properly is Very important.
2 - Rob knows a thing or two about Vems units  ;D ;D
3 - Read Rob's install guide from the Vems.hu site twice THEN start planning your install

Knock sensor sounds a good plan if you are running 12:1 CR  - Not too much of a worry for my 9.5:1  CR

Have fun and PS its nice, quite freindly advice on here with ( no Calvin - unles you regulaly frequent the locostbuilders forum this will be lost on you  ) Nice to see more users on here should build into an excellent resource for all of us new to this game.

Kind regards

Agriv8
'The older I get the faster I was'

Offline se7ensport

« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2007, 06:55:20 pm »
I'm a regular on LB, the comment is far from lost on me, glad to hear it's friendly on here  ;)

I'll check out the .hu site

Cheers

Alex

Offline [email protected]

• BHP: 49
    • VEMS Forum
« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2007, 11:41:08 pm »
Hi mate,
Welcome to the forum,  please put any pics you have up in the Projects and Installs section, it will be interesting to see how you find the transition from Alpha to VEMS.

Rob

Offline se7ensport

« Reply #5 on: April 04, 2007, 11:51:03 pm »
I'll be taking pics as I go along and will post, not only to show how I'm progressing, but also to ensure I'm pointed in the corect direction!