Author Topic: Jaguar V8 compressor / offroad project  (Read 7382 times)

Offline lezsi

• BHP: 1
Jaguar V8 compressor / offroad project
« on: June 02, 2019, 11:53:05 pm »
Hi!
I have a  Jaguar V8 kompressor engine from 1997 built into an offroad monster.  The original car was running fine with low miles, very nice shape. Now the engines is transplanted into the offroad machine, and I cannot get to work correctly with VEMS.

4 cylinders doesnt work at all,  the other 4 cylinders work fine. We've checked the firing order 10 times or so...
The missing four cyls are: 7,8,1,5 -which is the second part of the ignition output table -looks suspicious.
I've checked the ignition and injection outputs separately, and all 8 seem to work OK (clicks).
Also, checked with a different ECU having the same config uploaded, and the problem is the same.
This is my current config, log: http://vems.hu/vemstune/sharingcenter/reports.php?cmd=view&key=E4F51Q
Any idea to check?

Offline jrussell

• VEMS USA
  • Administrator
  • BHP: 15
    • VEMS USA
Re: Jaguar V8 compressor / offroad project
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2019, 11:16:11 pm »
I didn't see any obvious problems in the cfg. The serial number is quite old though, are you sure it's configured correctly with respect to hardware?

Is the issue on those 4 cylinders ignition or fuel? That answer may help narrow it down.
VEMS USA - Located in beautiful Burlington, Vermont
1988 RX7 Turbo

Offline Kamuto

• BHP: 19
Re: Jaguar V8 compressor / offroad project
« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2019, 11:54:23 pm »
can you do trigger  log?
Vems installer in Lithuania
[email protected]