Author Topic: supercharger bypass on twincharged engine  (Read 10107 times)

Offline tonci

• BHP: 1
supercharger bypass on twincharged engine
« on: September 27, 2019, 12:19:35 pm »
I have audi 2.7 twincharged engine (twin turbo and supercharger) and I am working on supercharger bypass that should open when turbos spool up. I need fine control over that bypass so I plan to use audi DBW throttle body for that purpose. Can I use Bridge Output Driver from vems shop to drive that throttle body and connect secondary PWM output from vems to bridge driver to control it?

Offline Kamuto

• BHP: 19
Re: supercharger bypass on twincharged engine
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2019, 05:02:39 pm »
I have audi 2.7 twincharged engine (twin turbo and supercharger) and I am working on supercharger bypass that should open when turbos spool up. I need fine control over that bypass so I plan to use audi DBW throttle body for that purpose. Can I use Bridge Output Driver from vems shop to drive that throttle body and connect secondary PWM output from vems to bridge driver to control it?
yes I would say you can use it without any problem
Vems installer in Lithuania
[email protected]

Offline tonci

« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2019, 01:27:21 pm »
So I will be able fine controll it (like open 5%...then 10%...then 20%) without any tps sensor inputs? Just by using pwm output from vems to bridge driver. 

Offline Kamuto

« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2019, 09:38:08 am »
So I will be able fine controll it (like open 5%...then 10%...then 20%) without any tps sensor inputs? Just by using pwm output from vems to bridge driver.
no
[email protected]

Offline tonci

« Reply #4 on: October 01, 2019, 02:04:15 pm »
Yes I did some research and find out that myself. Your previous post was quite misleading. Using just one pwm output to bridge driver I would probably get throttle to just be open or closed (binary mode) and I can get that with plain relay and misc output.

Offline Kamuto

« Reply #5 on: October 01, 2019, 03:44:02 pm »
Yes I did some research and find out that myself. Your previous post was quite misleading. Using just one pwm output to bridge driver I would probably get throttle to just be open or closed (binary mode) and I can get that with plain relay and misc output.
with plain relay you will kill throttle in about 20 mins ;)
[email protected]

Offline tonci

« Reply #6 on: October 02, 2019, 02:28:13 pm »
I found much better solution. Supercharger bypass throttle from early Mercedes c230. It works exactly as I need it to, controlled directly by PWM signal.

Offline Kamuto

« Reply #7 on: October 03, 2019, 10:28:30 am »
I found much better solution. Supercharger bypass throttle from early Mercedes c230. It works exactly as I need it to, controlled directly by PWM signal.
all of them are controlled by pwm... and all of them needs feedback if you want some sort of precise control. anyway, you always can use your mechanical throttle signal configured as pedal position and then your bypass valve position as tps :)
[email protected]

Offline MWfire

• BHP: 35
« Reply #8 on: October 04, 2019, 02:40:56 pm »
all of them are controlled by pwm... and all of them needs feedback if you want some sort of precise control. anyway, you always can use your mechanical throttle signal configured as pedal position and then your bypass valve position as tps :)
that bypass has the own electronic for control. So need gnd, +12v and pwm.

Offline Kamuto

« Reply #9 on: October 04, 2019, 05:18:04 pm »
that bypass has the own electronic for control. So need gnd, +12v and pwm.

that's nice anyone has part number of it?
[email protected]