Author Topic: latest firmware?  (Read 17748 times)

Offline Seight-v8

• BHP: 6
    • Members Page - Scott Richmond
latest firmware?
« on: September 30, 2019, 07:25:56 pm »
hello all,

Can I use the latest firmware, or is it not recommended?

currently on 1.2.38, but cannot get the sdcard logging to work, so wondering if I should go up in firmware.....as long as nothing dangerous happens.

so are experimental firmware ok to use?

cheer
scott
Engine:Rover V8 4600cc
Vems Firmware:V1.2.38, GPS, SDcard, LCD & Dual lambdas, Wasted spark, 36-1 trigger, Cam Sync & Bluetooth serial.

http://www.vems.hu/wiki/index.php?page=MembersPage%2FScottRichmond

Offline gunni

• BHP: 37
Re: latest firmware?
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2019, 09:54:52 pm »
You can go up or down in firmware all you like without much trouble so give it a go.

Offline Seight-v8

« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2019, 03:59:12 pm »
cool, so I uploaded v1.2.34....to my ecu…..and then went through all the settings to makes sure everything was OK.

Not sure why but from the first start the engine was different...….

So finally it was good enough to drive, done a few laps of my block, and wow....its a beast.....

Just have to learn how to drive it again, after a 5 year off road gap...

Shame weather is done for this year, and it probably wont be used in anger till next year...

PS....memory card logging & GPS trace still not working though, much to my annoyance, as I don't have a way of logging other than the laptop.

regards
scott
Vems Firmware:V1.2.38, GPS, SDcard, LCD & Dual lambdas, Wasted spark, 36-1 trigger, Cam Sync & Bluetooth serial.

Offline Kamuto

• BHP: 19
« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2019, 05:41:49 pm »
cool, so I uploaded v1.2.34....to my ecu…..and then went through all the settings to makes sure everything was OK.

Not sure why but from the first start the engine was different...….

So finally it was good enough to drive, done a few laps of my block, and wow....its a beast.....

Just have to learn how to drive it again, after a 5 year off road gap...

Shame weather is done for this year, and it probably wont be used in anger till next year...

PS....memory card logging & GPS trace still not working though, much to my annoyance, as I don't have a way of logging other than the laptop.

regards
scott
you sure you have it installed? :D it  throws an error when you try to start sd card logging or what?
Vems installer in Lithuania
[email protected]

Offline Seight-v8

« Reply #4 on: October 09, 2019, 09:02:03 pm »
ive got the new firmware installed ok, but the SDcard logging still does not work.

Weirdly it creates a "triggerlog" but vemstune will not open it, its just blank, with loads of trigger errors, useless really, I've tried everything from re-installing firmware, formatting card, a new card, error checking the card, nothing......

I'm pretty despondent with VEMS at the moment, it all looks pretty broken and disjointed, information is haphazard and out of date, there's seems to be no movement or updates on firmware, pretty stale from what i can see.

I have thought about binning it all together, and starting again, I just want to drive my car, its now been 5 years, and I am pretty sick of waiting for it to work, I think mega-squirt would have been a much better option, and my car would have been sorted by now.

My nearest vems tuner is 6hrs away from me, with car transport there & back I'm looking at 2k all in, would be much better if I could drive it, but without the logs, I don't know what changes to make.

Just my frustration coming out....engine likes V1.2.43, but I cant tell you why, same config as V1.2.38, just runs better and drives enough for me to get on the road.....

I've raised an error report, last week, and I don't expect anything from this.

cheers
scott

There's some good help on here, but without

Offline Kamuto

« Reply #5 on: October 10, 2019, 03:10:02 pm »
ive got the new firmware installed ok, but the SDcard logging still does not work.

Weirdly it creates a "triggerlog" but vemstune will not open it, its just blank, with loads of trigger errors, useless really, I've tried everything from re-installing firmware, formatting card, a new card, error checking the card, nothing......

I'm pretty despondent with VEMS at the moment, it all looks pretty broken and disjointed, information is haphazard and out of date, there's seems to be no movement or updates on firmware, pretty stale from what i can see.

I have thought about binning it all together, and starting again, I just want to drive my car, its now been 5 years, and I am pretty sick of waiting for it to work, I think mega-squirt would have been a much better option, and my car would have been sorted by now.

My nearest vems tuner is 6hrs away from me, with car transport there & back I'm looking at 2k all in, would be much better if I could drive it, but without the logs, I don't know what changes to make.

Just my frustration coming out....engine likes V1.2.43, but I cant tell you why, same config as V1.2.38, just runs better and drives enough for me to get on the road.....

I've raised an error report, last week, and I don't expect anything from this.

cheers
scott

There's some good help on here, but without
so have you tried startingsd log over the tools meniu? it works or throws some error?
[email protected]

Offline Seight-v8

« Reply #6 on: October 10, 2019, 07:17:02 pm »
yep, ive tried starting the logging from the tools menu, comes up "starting sdcard log" for a few seconds, then goes off.

On the memory card I have a "triggerlog" file, but nothing opens this, its useless....

Anyone know if this is right or not, as I am really thinking vems is a bag of **** right now...…

I've exhausted everything I can think off, and im stuck.....

really really thinking I need some other ECU at this point.
regards
scott

Offline Kamuto

« Reply #7 on: October 11, 2019, 12:05:25 am »
yep, ive tried starting the logging from the tools menu, comes up "starting sdcard log" for a few seconds, then goes off.

On the memory card I have a "triggerlog" file, but nothing opens this, its useless....

Anyone know if this is right or not, as I am really thinking vems is a bag of **** right now...…

I've exhausted everything I can think off, and im stuck.....

really really thinking I need some other ECU at this point.
regards
scott
usually users are idiots, no offense :) and hmn, how does your sd card log settings look?
[email protected]

Offline MWfire

• BHP: 35
« Reply #8 on: October 11, 2019, 08:23:26 am »
Did you make erase(format) of sd card?

Offline Seight-v8

« Reply #9 on: October 11, 2019, 06:27:21 pm »
I admit i am probably out my depth here, building the engine was difficult, this is the hardest part......i might ask silly questions because i need to know, and its all new to me, the VEMS info is not the best, and its hard to wade you way through the mis-match of documents, but i am trying my best.

Finally today I've been for a drive, took my android phone and bluetooth serial adapter, managed to get some logs, fuel table is way out, but i expected that....no GPS though, even when the phone had lock...not the end of the world, but it does allow me to record data.

Memory card just full of triggerlogs again, nothing i can use.

ECU  log settings are here.

https://i.vgy.me/edR8Gj.jpg

Yep, tired the usual, stop, erase, start, multiple times, always the same, only a triggerlog…..that i cant open.

I am using the recommended settings for GPS logging, and it worked flawlessly in older firmware's, don't really want to go back, now I'm on v.1.2.43, engine seems soo much better.

I've been through the wiki about the "triggerlog" just cant decipher the info about it.

Thanks all
scott

Offline Kamuto

« Reply #10 on: October 12, 2019, 01:20:50 am »
try disabling stuffed byte format and try setting rt logging condition misc out and configure it accordingly, I have experienced that sometimes problem is the crank sensor. if it's hall it triggers it at the moment when ignition gets on and later it does not log more.
[email protected]

Offline Seight-v8

« Reply #11 on: October 13, 2019, 05:11:20 pm »
Cheers kamuto, your a star...….disabled this setting yesterday, and went for a drive.....logging working again.....

Just checked the memory card, and its full of logs, wasn't working on Friday when I drove the car....so must be the "stuffed byte" setting.

Still no logging of the GPS data, but at least I can log data when I drive again.

thanks for your help.
regards
scott

Offline Kamuto

« Reply #12 on: October 14, 2019, 10:16:35 am »
Cheers kamuto, your a star...….disabled this setting yesterday, and went for a drive.....logging working again.....

Just checked the memory card, and its full of logs, wasn't working on Friday when I drove the car....so must be the "stuffed byte" setting.

Still no logging of the GPS data, but at least I can log data when I drive again.

thanks for your help.
regards
scott
haha, thank you ;) 
[email protected]