Author Topic: Time to get my old TVR out of the garage  (Read 1741 times)

Offline dnb

• Global Moderator
  • BHP: 19
Time to get my old TVR out of the garage
« on: January 10, 2020, 11:56:05 pm »
It's long past time to get my TVR out of the garage. I could do with getting it a new VEMS board because the original is now elsewhere.
I have a couple of very old VEMS units in various stages of decay and a pile of spare FETs etc, so I am strongly considering building a unit from my spares and a new (v3.8) board. I've also not looked at any form of car tuning for several years, so I need to spend a bit of time seeing what's new.

With this in mind, I have assembled a wishlist of features, leading to the pinout at the bottom of the link below:

http://www.vems.hu/wiki/index.php?page=MembersPage%2FDavidBlades%2FRegeneration

Since it's a rebuild I'll be doing myself (in the PCB rework lab at work over a couple of lunch times) I would like a bit more information:
  • how the 4 additional N channel FETs are implemented
  • How many additional (ie not allocated to CLT etc) analog inputs are available for use in total (without multiplexing)
  • Is the limit on EGT still 2 without extension boards?
  • Is my pinout sane and will it give the minimum number of rewiring on EC36 and EC18 connectors?
  • What is the maximum rate of teeth per second on the wheel speed inputs? Is it still fairly slow?

I would also appreciate any specific v3.8 tips on building the board. I still have a lot of v3.3 information, but it looks like things have moved on a bit.

Thanks