Author Topic: VEMS on Audi Coupe 2.8 V6 (auditrigger), primary trigger config help needed  (Read 6289 times)

Offline PeepPaadam

• BHP: 8
Hi guys,

I installed VEMS on Audi 2.8 V6. It has typical auditrigger (starter gear ring, pin on crankshaft (62 BTDC) and Hall sensor on camshaft). It has 135 teeth on flywheel (verified by counting them on spare flywheel).

I loaded working 20V config, changed reference tooth table and ign outputs accordingly (15, 30, 45, 60, 75, 0) and it reads rpm but gives trigger errors. RPM reading is reasonable itself (no spikes to 25500, no drops etc). Haven't checked the outputs yet.

Firmware 1.1.27, I used Divby3 which gives tooth count of 90, trigger tooth 8, next trigger tooth 15 and usual auditrigger cam sync settings (angular width of tooth 32, engine phase 64).

Does anyone have VEMS working on Audi V6 engine or has working trigger config?

TIA!

Offline GintsK

• BHP: 50
Hi!

Just idea: are you scoped TDC signal polarity? And Hall signal position against TDC signal?

Gints

Offline PeepPaadam

I scoped it today. I had already reversed the TDC signal polarity. I tried to measure HALL signal but nothing came out of it, strange. Checked the pinout also, still nothing.
Since I have crappy 2-channel USB scope, it looks bad, but I hope it helps:

I was thinking, since this car has wasted spark coil-pack already from the factory, I could run it only with crank sensors and leave HALL out? Like 135 tooth, 3 IGN outputs and reference tooth table would be 45, 90 and 0?

Still, I tried many combinations but it still gave me trigger errors and on some situations jumpy rpm signal.

I could log the cranking process, does that help?

Offline GintsK

Failed Hall sensor was common fault on V6.
IMO you can go without Hall.

Offline PeepPaadam

Could you help me with the possible working config?

Offline GintsK

I think you have to little modify your sequential config and everything will work.
If no, you can e-mail current .msq and I'll take a look.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2009, 06:18:00 pm by GintsK »