Author Topic: Triumph Dolomite Sprint  (Read 7879 times)

Offline zombeh

• BHP: 0
Triumph Dolomite Sprint
« on: April 24, 2007, 07:19:56 pm »

The plan (tm)

• aquire sprint engine/gearbox/axle etc
  • fit sprint bits to car
  • replace the carbs and dizzy with some nice shiny throttle bodies and vems

I've got almost all the bits I need for step 2
it's not brown, it has theft deterrent paint

Offline [email protected]

• BHP: 49
    • VEMS Forum
Re: Triumph Dolomite Sprint
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2007, 08:58:54 pm »
Cool stuff, nice to see something different.

Offline dnb

• Global Moderator
  • BHP: 19
« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2007, 09:27:48 pm »
It's going to be fun :)

Offline zombeh

• BHP: 0
« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2007, 12:20:48 am »
The plan was to order the last few bits (clutch, engine mounts, that sort of thing) and be fitting the sprint engine/box/axle this month, unfortunately that's run into a few problems...

This means I'll be fitting the spare* engine and rebuilding that one, which should allow me to get it injected and running on the bench before it goes in the car, meaning just taking it off the road for a weekend to fit it rather than having to work out how to do all of this in a car that I'm trying to drive to work every day.

Throttle bodies (jenvey twin 45s) are on their way, injectors are sat on my desk. :D

todo: work out how to fit a trigger wheel into the miniscule gap between the front of the engine and the rad (they really should have thought about this when they designed the car and not just crammed a 2litre engine into a 1500tc shell). There might be room on the back of the pulley, need to find out what the people already running injection on these are doing.

work out where to put the cam phase sensor (could just modify the dizzy, or maybe fit something to the front of the cam sprocket)

decide what I'm doing for coils

actually get the ecu

*I knew it was a good idea to lend my jensen engine to my brother, I'm gonna borrow his spare sprint engine and run it on carbs for now
it's not brown, it has theft deterrent paint