Author Topic: Audi 90 quattro with a 4.2L v8 and a VR6  (Read 9481 times)

Offline josh-stateside

• BHP: 2
Audi 90 quattro with a 4.2L v8 and a VR6
« on: February 14, 2010, 05:19:22 am »
Hello

I had something written here and then it went screwy.  So I'm typing this again.     Long story short I've been messing with early audi models now for quite a few years.    I've got a 1995 audi 90 quattro that i'm putting an ABZ 4.2L v8 engine in it.   Mechanically it's just about done.   Electronically I'm playing around with a few ideas and plan on running it both with motronic and vems.   I've got a complete motronic setup and a complete vems setup and adapter harness that plugs into the stock ABZ harness.    This all being said I'm making another harness specifically for vems from another ABZ audi harness that I tore apart and will put econoseal plugs directly on it.    I'm also going to play around with another harness idea that i've been thinking about for the past few days.

Depending on how things go in life I may build a few of these v8 swaps and sell them.   Right now i'm debating my options on how to do finish it off and how to reproduce a few setups.   I've got a second engine allready and have been duplicating the current setup that I've been building. 

I'll type alot more at some point throughout this coming week with pictures.

Cheers
Josh
« Last Edit: February 25, 2010, 02:55:39 pm by josh-stateside »

Offline josh-stateside

Re: Audi 90 quattro with a 4.2L v8:
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2010, 11:09:21 am »

« Last Edit: February 14, 2010, 11:14:17 am by josh-stateside »

Offline JpsMotorSportGr

• BHP: 0
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2010, 05:09:05 pm »
I really LOVE your work......

Offline josh-stateside

« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2010, 01:07:45 pm »
I really LOVE your work......

Thank you.  I appreciate it.  All self taught 2.   Who would of guessed what a carpenter could do these days.

;D

Pics of the harness i've been working on:

Offline josh-stateside

Re: Audi 90 quattro with a 4.2L v8 and a VR6
« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2010, 03:01:47 pm »
So I was at my local metal yard dropping off some metal for $$$ when i noticed a guy just dumped a vr6 long block with a bunch of stuff.   Me "is there anything wrong with that engine sir?"  Him?  "no you want it?"  Me "hell yah".     Next thing you know it i convinced the metal yard guys to put it in my van via a fork lift.  This was two days ago.   Since then my friend gave me a ton of new stuff for free.  I owe him big time for everything he gave me.   

Goal?   Well I just ordered an adapter to mount the vr6 to the audi transmission.   I'm going to build this car with the intentions of figuring out a few swaps in this chassis.    I'm thinking I should be able to wire vems with bulkhead connectors so I can have both the vr6 and the v8 harness plug into the bulk head connectors.  That would be sweet and i will plan both harnesses around it.

Ultimate goals?    Build some of these cars and sell them.

;D 

Offline josh-stateside

« Reply #5 on: March 04, 2010, 07:51:39 am »
Picked this up today for my birthday tomorrow.  Holset HC1 for the vr6 swap.  I'm going to order the rebuild kit $95.00 for it and make it like new.   then slap one of these on inbetween the turbo and exhaust manifold.  Cheap mans big turbo.  Should act like a twin turbo setup me thinks.

Offline gunni

• BHP: 37
« Reply #6 on: March 04, 2010, 03:53:30 pm »
Great finally somebody to give good explanation of the spool character with that valve