Author Topic: Crank no start  (Read 27407 times)

Offline mattias

• Global Moderator
  • BHP: 41
    • Sävar Turbo Site
Re: Crank no start
« Reply #15 on: January 12, 2011, 12:17:50 pm »
What version of VemsTune are you running?

I didn't ask which firmware you were running.

Offline beefjurky69

• BHP: 0
« Reply #16 on: January 12, 2011, 01:24:05 pm »
What version of VemsTune are you running?

I didn't ask which firmware you were running.

Sorry...I'm running version 3.3. I haven't tried everything you had stated before nor your config file you gave me only because we got tons of snow the last couple days and haven't mad it to the shop. Should be able to do it today if not tomorrow.

Offline gunni

• BHP: 37
« Reply #17 on: January 12, 2011, 03:50:04 pm »
that´s also not what was asked.

what is the vemstune program version , i.e the tuning software you are using?
It´s in the About part of the program.

Offline beefjurky69

« Reply #18 on: January 12, 2011, 07:54:39 pm »
that´s also not what was asked.

what is the vemstune program version , i.e the tuning software you are using?
It´s in the About part of the program.

Ok I'm just very new to this Vems tune stuff...I'm running version 0.10.74 (2010.10.19)

Offline gunni

• BHP: 37

Offline mattias

• Global Moderator
    • Sävar Turbo Site
« Reply #20 on: January 13, 2011, 01:07:08 am »
Now you're on the right track, get the version gunni suggested installed on your tuning laptop.  Also check that you have the latest driver for your USB serial port adapter, get it from the manufacturer internet site, check Windows 'device manager' for info on your adapter (you can reach it from ECU comm dialog in VemsTune).

I have no idea about your logging problem before, never ever happened to me with any version of VemsTune.
« Last Edit: January 13, 2011, 01:14:02 am by mattias »

Offline beefjurky69

« Reply #21 on: January 13, 2011, 03:46:21 am »
Im going to try all those suggestions and also check my injector drivers. I'll keep you guys posted on my luck tomorrow. Thanks alot guys I really appreciate your help.

Offline beefjurky69

« Reply #22 on: January 13, 2011, 07:16:34 pm »
How can I check what config file is currently uploaded to my ecu?

Offline mattias

• Global Moderator
    • Sävar Turbo Site
« Reply #23 on: January 13, 2011, 10:01:33 pm »
It doesn't work that way.

Whatever configuration your ECU uses at the moment has no "name".

You can save the current configuration to a file .. but that's not really what you're asking. I'm not sure what you're trying to do here.

Just go online with the ECU, then open a config to upload it's content and that will be what the ECU will use - but it won't ever refer to the file name of what you just uploaded.

Offline beefjurky69

« Reply #24 on: January 13, 2011, 11:05:43 pm »
It doesn't work that way.

Whatever configuration your ECU uses at the moment has no "name".

You can save the current configuration to a file .. but that's not really what you're asking. I'm not sure what you're trying to do here.

Just go online with the ECU, then open a config to upload it's content and that will be what the ECU will use - but it won't ever refer to the file name of what you just uploaded.

I was just wondering if there was a way to check...like checking the current firmware...wanted to check if i can do that for the config file.
Im using the config you gave me and the new vemstune and still no start...Didnt have time to check the injector drivers but thats next to check. Its been to cold to check that stuff outside since my boss has to much shit inside and i cant bring my car in untill the weekend.

Offline beefjurky69

« Reply #25 on: January 14, 2011, 06:41:28 pm »
Ok so i installed new vems tune ,new config file that mattias gave me and i check my injector drivers with a noid light. light was blinking not just staying on o the drivers seem to be working finr. Still no start soubds like it wants to kick over but doesn't. Removed the plugs and still has some fuel on them not as much as before but enough. What would be the next thing to check or do? Im running 2 fuel pumps but it ran fine before so dont think thats the problem. I was thinking maybe timming jump but it started right up the night before it started acting up. How could it from just cruising not even going pass 4k but anything is possiable i guess. 

Offline beefjurky69

« Reply #26 on: January 14, 2011, 06:47:40 pm »
Here's a picture of my most recent log...can't figure out why I can make it into a file with this new Vems tune.

Offline mattias

• Global Moderator
    • Sävar Turbo Site
« Reply #27 on: January 14, 2011, 10:13:48 pm »
What do you mean, "can't make it into a file" ?
Once you press Alt-L it automatically saves log data to a file in your project directory.

Check the timing with a strobe light.
Also make sure the vibration damper (trigger wheel on it) is securely fastened. I've seen the woodruff key brake and timing will shift. You'll notice that if you take a screw driver down an ignition plug hole and see if you can relate to the cyl 1 piston being at TDC when the marks align on the damper and cam belt cover.
« Last Edit: January 14, 2011, 10:17:40 pm by mattias »

Offline beefjurky69

« Reply #28 on: January 14, 2011, 10:36:53 pm »
Ok I'll try that...now to start a log all I have to do is alt-L and to stop the log do the same?

Offline mattias

• Global Moderator
    • Sävar Turbo Site
« Reply #29 on: January 14, 2011, 10:44:40 pm »
Every time  you press Alt-L you start a new log file. The icon for "LOG" turns green when it's logging, you can press the icon and it will turn red and stop logging.