Author Topic: lost serial communication (maybe) after fw upgrade.  (Read 4417 times)

Offline z0tya

• BHP: 11
lost serial communication (maybe) after fw upgrade.
« on: February 18, 2014, 08:31:03 am »
Hello!

I have installed a vems into a car with modified oem harness. Grounding made like phatbob guide. The ecu seems fine, but after upgrade fw and config to 1.2.11 and calibrationg sensors and tps, burned changes and switched off. After turn on, lcd display work normally but no communication on serial port.
Then I tried to enter bootloder mode, it seemd fine, fw upload worked, but stay in bootloader mode. After turn off - on no communication again. Some trying with bootloader and fw upgrade show with old firmware (1.1.27) ecu works and communicates. With newer fw. like 1.1.96 stuck bootloader.
After that, I have tried install an another ecu into this car and loom. But it ded too. No communication just fw upload in bootloader mode.
I have checked the wiring, it seems ok, but I have no ide what happened. I dont want to destroy more ecu. Please help, what is wrong.

Thx

Offline mattias

• Global Moderator
  • BHP: 41
    • Sävar Turbo Site
Re: lost serial communication (maybe) after fw upgrade.
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2014, 04:47:48 pm »
And which version (date) of VemsTune was used?

Offline z0tya

« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2014, 07:35:02 am »
tried with 2013 03 26 stable, 2013 08 23 nigthy 20140206 nighty, this ecus and my laptop worked fine before installed into a car and upgraded to 1.2.11

Offline Denmark

• BHP: 7
« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2015, 11:50:50 am »
What was the solution for this problem ?

I have one now with no seriel communication ,
Maybe it could be the same problem

Thanks
Skassa
working on the boxer

Offline z0tya

« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2015, 02:33:19 pm »
It was some firmware/config upload bug within fw versions. Try upgrade to new firmware with default config. And import the old config page by page from old one.