Author Topic: Host move, and some changes  (Read 3079 times)

Offline jrussell

• VEMS USA
  • Administrator
  • BHP: 15
    • VEMS USA
Host move, and some changes
« on: October 01, 2014, 05:50:05 pm »
Hi Folks, Due to some technical problems we had to switch hosts for the forum. During this change we had to revert to an old backup from Sat 27-Sept-2014 so a few messages were lost. Sorry!

We do have one positive change: a newer version of the forum software. New users or users with less than 5 posts will notice extra questions to combat spam. After 5 posts, it's normal usage. This is to help keep the forum clean for the enjoyment of all. I feel we've been very lucky as a community to experience little to no spam, but I also wish to make it easy for new users to get involved. The email to [email protected] seemed to be a barrier for a number of people. Not realizing they needed to do that. We were getting between 200 and 1500 new users sign-ups per day. When only 1 or two of those new accounts were real people, it was crazy to try to manage.

Another item, is there's a new theme for the forum we've been working on to make it cohesive to the rest of the VEMS websites, but there are a few items still left to fix on it, so I've maintained the default theme for now. If you want to take a look, go to your profile settings and choose Modify Profile -> Look and Layout -> and in the Current Theme section, click change and choose 2.0 Sunset. Once we get all the bugs worked out we'll change that to default.

Thanks to each and every one of you for making this such a great community.

Jason
VEMS USA - Located in beautiful Burlington, Vermont
1988 RX7 Turbo

Offline Sprocket

• BHP: 29
Re: Host move, and some changes
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2014, 09:49:56 pm »
The new theme looks fresh. I'll keep it thanks :)

Offline fphil

• BHP: 6
Re: Host move, and some changes
« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2014, 10:12:01 pm »
Hi,

The new theme for me using a 10" screen does not look so good.
Too much black, very agressive, what for? Too big advertising for Vems, it takes half a screen. The button "help" is too big and actually useless (when clicking it just says "this is the best forum interface).
I was unable to post a message, I did not find how to ?

Philippe