Author Topic: DU Espero 2.0T (destroyed), new engine housing :):):)  (Read 30768 times)

Offline jadzwin

• BHP: 5
Re: DU Espero 2.0 8V Turbo (16V soon :))
« Reply #30 on: May 09, 2008, 10:45:01 pm »
Hello,

I'm still figthing wwith knock sensor.. However today I get new toys and I'm very excited and I have to show you :)

I start to build the second engine.

Jadzwin

Offline MWfire

• BHP: 35

Offline jadzwin

« Reply #32 on: May 09, 2008, 11:06:54 pm »
I have looked at this page. The problem is that after configuring everything correct (??) it still work strange. During the idle there are spikes (up and down).  

However tommorow I hope  I make new tests.
Here is a log of hammering engine block during the idle and last configuration:

I have found such document about knock sensing in c20let. What is strange there is 15khz as knock frequency.

Offline jadzwin

« Reply #33 on: May 25, 2008, 06:26:32 pm »
Hello,

I had a small accident during vems tuning sesion :( (exactly just before I start to tune).
Here are results:

The right susspension is completly destroyed. Even the custom brake disc is broken :(

Jadzwin

Offline jadzwin

« Reply #34 on: June 04, 2008, 08:46:02 pm »
Hello,

My Espero is dead :( The car lost geometry so I decide to buy new "hausing" for my engine :)

Here is the picture :)

This car is terrible :) :) Suspension is dramatic (front stabilizer is 17mm, no rear stabilizer) and brakes are very poor,. But it is only 1040kg so it is lighter than espero about 100kg, there is no rust and was cheap :)

The plan is simple.
First I will mount new Bilstein B6 shock absorers, polybushes, front 23mm Eibach stabilizer, new rear suspension with stabilizer and brake discs, new front 286 disc, alloy wheels with Toyo tires and I hope that the car start to behave ok.
The next step will be swap my turbo engine and gear box to Lanos, and make new wiring loom for vems.
Now I know how exactly it should be done, and I hope that my second wireing loom will be good.
In Espero I controll injectors in pairs. This time I will connect them separately.

I liked my previous project because it was very uncommon project :( I'm very angry that I destoryed the car in so stupid way and I even didn't push the engine "to the limit" (max 0.6 bar for tests :( )
Everything was fixed and prepared for serious tuning...

Cheers
Jadzwin

Offline [email protected]

• BHP: 49
    • VEMS Forum
Re: DU Espero 2.0T (destroyed), new engine housing :):):)
« Reply #35 on: June 05, 2008, 08:20:14 am »
Thats a shame about your first car, but with this new car it you will suprise people when they can't understand why its so quick, try and keep it looking standard ;)

Rob

Offline jadzwin

« Reply #36 on: June 05, 2008, 09:26:47 pm »
:)

This car will be totally standard  ;D

Offline mr_g

• BHP: 9
« Reply #37 on: July 10, 2008, 05:37:40 pm »
How did you crash espero?
Lanos have the same under the bonnet, and gearbox must be the same... You can mount wheels, brakes, everything from espero... I suppose that the suspesion is the same...

Lanos is a great car.. I have much fun with it, and it coupes with 0.8bar from C20LET engine... All you have to do is front lower strut to make it go straight on the straight line...

That injectors 630cc, are those Siemens from VEMS shop? Will they fit C20LET?

Offline jadzwin

« Reply #38 on: July 10, 2008, 10:18:56 pm »
Yes. The suspension is almost the same. Actuality I put new suspension into Lanos (all elements what can be replaced are brand new), polybushes, 288mm disk brakes, rear suspension from Astra GSI with disk brakes, Bilstein B6, and lower and upper strut into front suspension. I can't put B8 and lower progressive springs due to my back problems :(
The car behave quite good, but I have 1.6L engine and no power :)
Actually I build engine with Wiseco pistons, and I hope it will be ready soon.
The main advantage of Lanos is its weight.

630 injectors are the same as on VEMS page. I bought them in Poland for a little bit lower price, and injectors was matched for equal flow. It will fit C20let with no problem.

I crashed my car during cornering. I use external electronic boost controller and I have remaped boost maps. During cornering I fully opened the throttle, the car boost too much, I lost traction and hit the kerb. I have about 90km/h and I'm very happy that I only destroyed the car.
What is funny I went to Vems session to tune car with higher boost :) :) :)

Offline jadzwin

« Reply #40 on: December 31, 2008, 01:29:35 am »
Small update:

The project is still going :) Unfortunately very slow due to limited free time :(

I've rebuild the whole engine with low compression pistons, steel con rods, all ARP bolts, new oil pump, etc.

Cleaning

Internals:

Engine assembled:

I've also decided to use Lanos original harness. It is in perfect condition, I have lots of spare connectors (like 4 pins stepper motor, variable intake valve, fuel evap, etc,) I use additional harness for WBO (you can see on the picture wires of this harness). On the picture you can see the "reduction" between Vems and original Lanos harness.
Moreover I make the Lanos original 1.6L engine working :) So I hope that new engine will start with no problem.

Here is a picture of empty engine bay:

And the full one :)

To be continued....

HAPPY NEW YEAR !!!!
Jadzwin
« Last Edit: December 31, 2008, 08:08:46 pm by jadzwin »