Author Topic: Nissan CA18DET S13 Fuel Pressure Regulator Query  (Read 4767 times)

Offline young_un1

• BHP: 2
Nissan CA18DET S13 Fuel Pressure Regulator Query
« on: February 18, 2008, 07:06:32 pm »
Hi there,
           I have just purchased an adjustable fuel pressure regulator and began fitting it today. When I took the fuel rail out to fit the new RB26 DETT injectors and was looking at the original fuel pressure reg, I noticed that it mounts directly to the fuel rail. I understand that I should remove the OEM FPR: has anyone got an example of how to connect to the fuel rail please as it isn't a straight fit?

Is the OEM FPR a bottleneck in the performance of the CA18DET?

The other query was as follows; some cars have no connection between the FPR and the manifold via a vacuum pipe, as such, the fuel delivery is at constant pressure and is controlled purely through pulse width I assume. Is this something that would be advised with the S13?

Many thanks for any info anyone has:)

Cheers,
           Al.

Offline [email protected]

• BHP: 49
    • VEMS Forum
Re: Nissan CA18DET S13 Fuel Pressure Regulator Query
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2008, 10:54:23 pm »
I'm told that there are adaptors for aftermarket FPRs, although I know nothing about them.

I've not heard of the OEM one being a big problem.

With turbo installations FPRs tend to be fed manifold pressure to increase the fuel pressure a corresponding amount.

Offline jrussell

• VEMS USA
  • Administrator
  • BHP: 15
    • VEMS USA
Re: Nissan CA18DET S13 Fuel Pressure Regulator Query
« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2008, 08:24:36 pm »
I understand that I should remove the OEM FPR: has anyone got an example of how to connect to the fuel rail please as it isn't a straight fit?

You just remove the stock FPR and put a hose between the rail and the new FPR. Many people use Stainless steel braided hose, but fuel injection rated hose works just fine, just not as flashy or expensive.  :P

I'm not familiar with Nissans. On Hondas the FPR is a press-fit with an o-ring. You'd need to tap the rail for a fitting there or some other method of attaching a fitting. Sounds like it would be easier to keep the stock FPR considering nobody had identified a problem with it.

-Jason
VEMS USA - Located in beautiful Burlington, Vermont
1988 RX7 Turbo