Author Topic: next Stage - trigger wheel setup - for waisted Spark  (Read 25895 times)

Offline Agriv8

• BHP: 4
Re: next Stage - trigger wheel setup - for waisted Spark
« Reply #30 on: March 26, 2007, 07:32:15 pm »
in that case I think I have a few to go at.

Have tea and will go and investigate and report back

Regards

Agriv8
'The older I get the faster I was'

Offline [email protected]

• BHP: 49
    • VEMS Forum
« Reply #31 on: March 26, 2007, 08:35:37 pm »
You have four IGBTs there, they're the ones with the insulation stuff stuck on the back.

Offline Agriv8

« Reply #32 on: March 26, 2007, 09:12:52 pm »
thanks Rob.

I will ring you tomorow to get some spares sent through ( whats the best time and number to contact you on ) do you stock them ? -  if not can you suply information so I can source one from RS likley ( as I have just found that my good frind marc has a trade account :) ) or Maplin local to me at work but may not stock them  :(

but from looking at the track map seems i have

8 for the injetors ( only using 2 at the moment ) cant use these are they are different.

2 for the WBO'2 sensors only using 1 these run to the econoseal 18 ( not selectable for ign output under megasquirt ) not good enough at the command line yet  :D

4 for the coils ( 1 of which I have killed )

I suppose I could swap the spare WBO one over, but if i am going to operate it makes sense to me to replace the one I have killed and fit another couple of spares.

Two reasons
one I have still not identified what has blown the original so could do it again leaving me with no resiliance.
two my soldering is not the best and don't want to chance lifting a track when moving somthing thats not borken just for testing

So as I see it going to get 3
one to replace the duff one connected to pin 36
and 2 spares to fit in the non populated ones easilly usable in case of further issues

TTFN

Agriv8

Offline Agriv8

« Reply #33 on: April 06, 2007, 08:16:18 pm »
Right,

Must be doing somthing wrong here. replaced the blown ign driver and added 3 New ones,

Cant get ant of the 3 I have added or the one that I have replaced to do anything.

Checked the invoice and I have definatly got Ignition drivers is there more than one sort ?.

So

Do i need to do anything after adding the 3 NEW ign drivers running. They are selectable in Megatune but not getting anything out of them. when connecting the to a coil.

Or 

Have i really done somthing serious and blown part of the board If I have can ROB got the facilities to test ?

Regards

Agriv8

• VEMS Forum
« Reply #34 on: April 08, 2007, 09:10:40 pm »
If you have metal backed power transistors then you have the drivers.
Can you send me the MSQ you're using please?
If worst comes to worst I have a test bench to debug.

Rob

Offline Agriv8

« Reply #35 on: April 09, 2007, 11:12:42 am »
Rob MSQ sent.

Kind regards

Agriv8

• VEMS Forum
« Reply #36 on: April 09, 2007, 12:46:32 pm »
Received, just having a look and will respond via email.

Offline Agriv8

« Reply #37 on: April 09, 2007, 03:14:47 pm »
Just a quick post up while hopefully having a celibrtory cuppa ( or in other words its too early for a beer  to celibrate)

a few thing i have just learnt - listed in order of importance.

1, Rover 45 deg plug leads are a barsteward to get on correctly as they are very tight and even when you think you have them connected correcly they may not Be !!!!!  The engine is running of dizzie and a spare set of plugs all nicly earthed in the vally of the V It looks like I have sparks on all 8 plugs  ;D ;D  so all I can assume is that I have not been getting the leads seated properly.

2 As Rob pointed out earlier waisted spark coil parks do funny things with timming guns - both my timming guns are playing silly beggers while trying to do the base timming :( :( :(

So back to it.

TTFN

Fingers crossed and Ill report back later Agriv8