Author Topic: My 4AGTTE engined AE86 Coupe - maybe Time attack car if i get round to it  (Read 13458 times)

Offline Team_Dandism

• BHP: 1
After almost 3 years It's finally starting to come together and is road legal again, so thought I'd share a couple of pics.

Start with these:

Vaz Speed Twin Turbo kit for AE86 from Yahoo Auctions:

Add Vems ECU with Boost control, knock sensing and twin EGT's:

and nice loom made up by Rob:

Group A AE86 fuel system inc 2 Litre swirl pot with R33 GTR pump inside and Bosch 044 motorsport lift pump and filter:

Fitted underfloor with spare wheel well cut out and sheet welded in, fuel is filled through rear panel (bloody MOT's):

Add some Gaz coil overs and other suspension parts:

Then mate to W58 Supra gearbox using bellhousing from Rhett in the Phillipines, via custom Helix clutch and 212mm MR2 mk1 flywheel:

Add TRD N2 bodykit (copy kit from Rhett again made to fit Kouki front, with genuine TRD rear wing), some kevlar front wings, tailgate and bonnet, paint it all Bright Tangerine, and you end up with something like this:

The engine, still needs some decent leads and the coil pack attaching a bit better, but she starts and runs now.

Its an AE101 engine with the SC bits thrown away, a T3 big to small port adapter plate, AE86 intake manifold with the Vaz speed kit bolted on the other side.

All running on a VEMS ecu, currently mapped at 1bar but still needs a few more hours to sort the final fuelling and ignition out properly. Then we can start working on upping the boost a touch as the intercooler appears to be working rather well so the intake temps are quite low.

I'm still chasing a couple of oil leaks, including one very annoying drip from the upper turbo oil drain flange, which is keeping it off the road at the moment, and the interior still needs the other seat fitting, some carbon door cards that used to be on CorollaRWD's car and the dash flocking if i can work out how to get it out and leave the car moveable.

Spec is as follows:

Powertrain:

Engine changed from 4AGE to 4AG(Z)E internals and fuel injectors
Vaz Speed twin turbo kit inc manifold, pipework etc.
Kakimoto Racing R exhaust system with Decat pipe
Custom cast clutch bell housing to allow fitment of W58 Supra Turbo Gearbox
W58 Supra gearbox with Custom Helix Clutch to suit 212mm MR2 4AGE flywheel
Front mounted Alloy Intercooler and Oil Cooler (Setrab / Greddy)
Custom Prop shaft made up from corolla and Supra shafts
TRD 1.5way late spec LSD with large TOMS Racing half shafts
2L Alloy oil breather catch tank

Fuel System:

Rear boot well cut and sheet seam welded to allow under slung RCI 18.9L Race cell
2.2L Swirl pot with internal R33 GTR fuel pump.
Bosch 044 motor sport lift pump and motor sport filter
Goodridge -6 & -8 braided return / feed lines with fittings to original fuel rail
Sard external rising rate fuel regulator
External fuel filler flexi mounted on rear panel with appropriate rollover and venting system

Electrical / ECU:

VEMS standalone ecu with twin EGT and wideband lamda functions, knock & boost control
Custom made Engine loom for above supplied by VEMS UK
Red top 15 gel battery in original engine location.

Safety:

Cusco Chromalloy Steel 4 point rear cage
Sparco / Sabelt 6 point Drivers / Passengers harnesses
Recarro SPG seats *2
Bride seat rails for above seats
2.25L plumbed in fire extinguisher system with remote electric fire
Endless Racing Competition pads and discs with Goodridge Braided hoses.

Chassis:

Seam welded front and rear turrets
Step Adjustable track / caster front lower arms
Techno Toy Tuning 5 link rear
Techno Toy Tuning Traction brackets for rear axle
Techno Toy Tuning Front Pillow ball upper suspension mounts
Techno Toy Tuning Rear strut brace with rear triangle bar
Cusco Front strut brace and Techno Toy Tuning triangle bar
Gaz full coil over front and rear suspension to Grp A settings
Quaife quick steering rack
Whiteline front and rear adjustable anti roll bars
Revolution 5 spoke 8.5" * 15" front, 9" * 15" rear wheels on Khumo V700 Tyres

Body:

Fensport Kevlar front wings
Fensport Kevlar Bonnet
Fensport Kevlar rear tailgate with Polycarbonate rear screen
TRD rear ducktail N2 spec wing
TRD replica N2 Front / Rear arches and front air dam
regards

Matt J..

www.team-dansism.co.uk

Offline ex-ctr

nice job there, why do you have to have the fuel filler out side the car for the mot, i have fitted an alluminium tank in the boot and have to open the boot to fill it

Offline Team_Dandism

Technically the MOT manual states that the system and lines have to be properly attached and not leaking, but my mot man was a difficult as he is also an MSA scruiteneer. I think he claimed it would be dangerous filling through the boot as it's a hatch so i could in theroy spray the inside of the car with fuel when filling up.

An arse of a job but it'll be easier for competition in the long run.

regards

Matt J..

www.team-dansism.co.uk

Offline Denmark

• BHP: 7
Hi.

I wunder if you would tell me how much you payed for the clutch, and if you know how much tq it can hold?.

I planing around 350nm at the flywheel from my 4agte20v.

Regards,
Skassa
working on the boxer

Offline Team_Dandism

I think from memory it was about 250-300 pounds, but it was about a year ago i called them for it. The receipt will be in the file somewhere.

Its a 212mm (maybe actually 220mm) disc with a supra centre. I had to swap the flywheel for an mr2 one i had lying around. The GZE flywheel won't fit in the bell housing, i've heard it might in the NZ made ones but not in the one i bought from Rhett.

regards

Matt J..

www.team-dansism.co.uk