Author Topic: Evo 6 Triggering thoughts  (Read 4436 times)

Offline Sprockets

• BHP: 5
Evo 6 Triggering thoughts
« on: March 13, 2009, 08:37:16 pm »
Got a customer who I have convinced to go with VEMS rather than a Motec plug and play unit for his Evo6.  I think the price difference persuaded him (£1650+VAT for the motec...without any fancy add ons that you have to pay for)  Not only that, but with the VEMS I can lose the airflow meter etc to tidy the engine bay up, which he is keen to do.

The thing being the triggering issue. http://vic.doitbig.org/triggerdisc/images/stock_evo_disc.jpg is a picture of the stock setup on the crank which is hall sensed.  It obviously also has a cam sensor, which I am yet to get a good look at, but is easily modified.  I CAN get a 12 tooth trigger from www.triggerdisc.com , but if you read the details, it requires removal of the balancer shafts, as the trigger also holds the belt where it should be.  This is a bit of a no no, as the customer only wants a new ECU, not an engine rebuild, also not when another ECU (the motec) has no problems with it......

Any experience or suggestions welcome.

Many thanks

-Gavin

*EDIT* Had confirmation from the vems UK head honcho (Rob!) VEMS has been used on EVO's and just to use the "Simple" trigger with a mod on the cam trigger to give just 1 pulse.  All good! */EDIT*
« Last Edit: March 13, 2009, 10:56:02 pm by Sprockets »

Offline PeepPaadam

• BHP: 8
Re: Evo 6 Triggering thoughts
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2009, 12:47:28 am »
just to use the "Simple" trigger with a mod on the cam trigger to give just 1 pulse

That's what I was going to suggest when looking at the picture.