Author Topic: Audi RS2  (Read 240377 times)

Offline AVP

• BHP: 11
Re: Audi RS2
« Reply #375 on: May 23, 2010, 03:48:25 pm »
i mean that since 1.1.27 has to have things as you say fake air density value(by the way how do i change that?), if i upgrade to 1.1.70 version, would i be able by using the MAT/TPS table to fix this problem?

Offline AVP

« Reply #376 on: May 26, 2010, 06:03:24 pm »
well,
i managed to get hold of a digital strobe light so im hoping at least this weekend to do the upgrade to 1.1.70 version

Offline AVP

« Reply #377 on: June 19, 2010, 05:51:19 am »
no go for the upgrade, as i realise that the newer versions lack a few features which im told that will appear in the future vemstune versions. I managed to verify my timing at least with the strobe light and now the car works nicely with the 1.1.27 version at least.

Offline mattias

• Global Moderator
  • BHP: 41
    • Sävar Turbo Site
« Reply #378 on: June 19, 2010, 06:40:46 am »
Upgrade to 1.1.74 instead. 1.1.70 has a coil dwell bug that sometimes causes problems while cranking.

What exactly are you missing? 1.1.7x is  much better overall, it's just better to use it rather than 1.1.27.

Offline AVP

« Reply #379 on: June 19, 2010, 12:35:59 pm »
as i have stated in a different thread, im missing the boost offset feature and i dont want to have to make a whole DC table to have the boost i want. Boost offset works very good on megatune and as you said, if it is something you guys are already looking into, its best to wait.

also it is frustrating that all idle settings are completelly different now and i have to start from scratch to make them work again. It took me a good 2 months and many hours of testing before i got perfect idle on 1.1.27. Since vemstune is using different features and options, i have to do them all over again, as there are no specific fields to put the same numbers in, and even if that is there for some, from others that have upgraded, they are wrong numbers anyway, if you just transfer from 27 to 74.

anyway, i know that the 1.1.7x versions are much better, and have many new features, but once the boost offset is there, i may give it a go.

Offline billman

• BHP: 2
« Reply #380 on: July 14, 2010, 05:33:05 am »
Hi, sorry to hijack the thread but i have a question: If the hall signal from the camshaft pulley doesn't allign with the flywheel pin then would i have misfire or no spark at all.

Megatune doesnt see any RPM also.

Offline AVP

« Reply #381 on: September 19, 2010, 10:56:10 am »
well after a long time the car is now working semi-properly still on 1.1.27 firmware, but at least idle under control, warm up enrichments modified to cover for heatsoak, and still on PTC IAT sensor. I readjusted a bit the timing on cruise to get more fuel economy and it transformed the car to more torquier on the low revs. Quite nice and no knock(important). From previous setups the hp output i got from street runs and perfomance boc data comes out to : 4th gear on late pedal press, as boost comes faster than 4100 in practice. Boost levels were somewhat 2.05overboost and 1.95 till redline. Nice fat torque curve.

http://s117.photobucket.com/albums/o59/vasp3690/?action=view&current=GT3076R1551.jpg

Next things planned already are:

October: fitment of phenolic spacer to inlet to reduce heatsoak. Also fitment of secondary IAT (NTC) on the inlet
November: Upgrade to 1.1.81 firmware with NTC connector, and hopefully quick change from one firmware to another to have a working car!!

With the new features i hope to have better response from the MAT/IAT table, and get the IAT/retard table nicely setup. There is a thought of changing to smaller EV14 injectors from the dekas, but no $$$ for that atm.

Offline Jeffer

• BHP: 2
    • High Octane Racing
« Reply #382 on: September 26, 2010, 08:44:37 am »
I didn't had time yet to send you my config. Havent looked at the car (and vems) the last month  :(

Offline AVP

« Reply #383 on: September 27, 2010, 07:51:06 pm »
not to worry, take your time, as im still on 1.1.27!

Offline AVP

« Reply #384 on: October 07, 2010, 07:11:52 pm »
what is the lowest lamda values you have been using on Audi I5 engines?

although i have read in numerous books that the leanest possible usually can be up to 1.16lamda, i have managed to take it to 1.13-1.11 without any problems on driving and to tell you the truth within city driving im not convinced it has made a difference in consumption. Im amazed to say that when motronic uses narrow band and only goes up to 1.02 lamda, i cannot really understand how it can have better fuel economy than vems. Im pretty sure that i use the same timing as motronic, and recently giving it some more advance, the car feels much more lively on off to light boost areas (up to 140-150kpa) but still the consumption fails to improve(at least on initial impressions)

can it be that now that the timing is higher, there may be minor knock(which i cannot hear at all by the way, neither with earphones), that requires for the lamda to go back to richer values than 1.11? such as 1.05 or something?

Offline gunni

• BHP: 37
« Reply #385 on: October 07, 2010, 07:37:13 pm »
you can´t lean out forever without a engine that can benefit from it(lean burn direct injection , multiple injection direct injection)

check your pw before and now, I´m sure your running higher kpa and lower VE values but about the same final PW.

Offline AVP

« Reply #386 on: October 08, 2010, 07:43:28 am »
but on 1.1.27 you only have accel enrichment, VE, and lamda that is controlling the PW. SO i havent changed the accel enrichment, lamda is there to keep everything in place BUT my VE table on those areas are on the rich side for this reason: Due to heatsoak, when the IAT becomes higher than 28, the mixtures start to lean out. So the lamda wants to add more fuel.

eg. when it is cold outside, and the IATs are between 4-18C i can make the VE table to be specifically right for those temperatures,and then the EGO correction is practically not required, because everything works fine. However, if the IATs go above 25-28C then the EGO is always adding fuel and the car feels stiff and restrictive, because i believe it is seeing a lot of lean spots, as the EGO is not fast enough to compensate.

SO to avoid that, i made the VE table richer a bit so that it can compensate for this, as well as used the warm up enrichment curve to add more fuel when the CLT is high( as most of the times it follows the high IATs). This cured the problem BUT it also means that on the colder days, the EGO is always retracting fuel to keep the requested lamda. Can this be the reason for the high consumption alone?

i must say, i may have been a bit overreacting with the lamda, indeed before i fixed my timing table, by leaning out, i was getting better economy, but only up to a point. Then i expected to get even better when the timing was upgraded which didnt happen.

Im hoping that once i upgrade to 1.1.81, i can use the mat vs tps table to eliminate this need to keep the VE table rich on those areas.I will be also installing a phenolic spacer on the inlet manifold to reduce heat soak.

Gunnar, many thanks for the responces. As i said before, once im finalised with the ECU and equipment i must arranget to get on the dyno with you and build the timing table to perfection...

Offline AVP

« Reply #387 on: October 12, 2010, 08:14:20 am »
after a motorway trip,i noticed that beng too lean didnt really help when timong is high.so in turn, i made the lamda slightly richer again and noticed that it had a positive effect.So now im somewhere in between in mixtures around 1.06 to 1.09.Car runs fine,but hopefully in the next couple of weeks when i get the new ecu,consuption should improve along with perfomamce

Offline AVP

« Reply #388 on: November 06, 2010, 11:26:40 pm »
1.1.81 from today

first impressions: good

map although i use the same lamda, and injectors seems to be leaner than what megatune was using, and that i cannot understand.

im in the process of fixing this by retuning the VE tables

idle: still some work to do on this one as there are multiple alternatives. Trial and error

Speed sensor: anyone know how to find the hz value at 100km? where do i look?

Gear depended boost: probably due to a wrong speed sensor value, it does not keep the boost and it rather causes a wide oscillation. I am going to try without it, but if anyone has an idea of how to manipulate the speed sensor, please let me know!

acceleration enrichments: although i used the identical to magatune, it seems from the logs to over enrich things so i am gradually reducing them.

so far soo good...

LCD display: any way to make it go faster as well as other screen than 0 or 4 that presents things nicer?

Offline AVP

« Reply #389 on: December 18, 2010, 10:25:10 pm »
well after a long time i can say im happy with the 1.1.81 firmware.

car is now idling fine, accel enrichments are fine, cold starts as well.

Boost control is very good and switchable configs work nicely as well.

things i still would like fixed are the speed sensor which is jumping around and without it i cannot have the gear depended boost control...