Author Topic: VemsTune for Android ?  (Read 150968 times)

Offline VemsedE36

• BHP: 1
Re: VemsTune for Android ?
« Reply #135 on: October 06, 2013, 11:00:20 pm »
And it's true, a few tables were changed after connection. Thanks.

With vems BT this issue is not exist.

Did u configured your vemsdisplay in your Android?
« Last Edit: October 06, 2013, 11:06:01 pm by VemsedE36 »

Offline VemsedE36

« Reply #136 on: October 06, 2013, 11:07:06 pm »
Upgraded to fw 1.2.11 and runs triggerframe protocol, works very nice! Also logged data on the phone, exported log file to pc, converted and did VE tune by statistics in VEMS! I like it..  8)

Does it EGT values in triggerframe mode?

My firmware is 1.2.11 but unable to get EGT value in triggerframe mode.

Anyone???

What vemsdisplay version r u using?

Offline Pet

• BHP: 7
« Reply #137 on: October 07, 2013, 04:50:49 pm »

Yes, I think all is configured well (selected Triggerframe protocol and selected my BT adapter).
Anyway, does need triggerframe protocol both Rx and Tx in ECU side ? Is there any chance to see if Vems is sending some triggerframe data ?  Thanks.

Offline VemsedE36

« Reply #138 on: October 07, 2013, 07:12:32 pm »

Yes, I think all is configured well (selected Triggerframe protocol and selected my BT adapter).
Anyway, does need triggerframe protocol both Rx and Tx in ECU side ? Is there any chance to see if Vems is sending some triggerframe data ?  Thanks.

Did you pair vems BT with your android? What status you see on top when you run vemsdisplay? Offline or disconected?

Offline Pet

« Reply #139 on: October 07, 2013, 07:31:51 pm »
Yes, I've paired BT module with my phone (for ex. MSDroid for MSII ECU is working fine). Vemsdisplay is saying Connecting...  and that's all.

Offline Sprocket

• BHP: 29
« Reply #140 on: October 07, 2013, 07:34:15 pm »
Hi, please is here some Andorid version compatibility list ? I can't help myself, my 4.1.2 phone isn't able to connect with Vemstune APK. But my normal PC (with BT) can normaly communicate via my BT dongle connected to Vems ECU (and Vemstune). And it's true, a few tables were changed after connection. Thanks.

I have the exact same issue. Latest version Vems display will not connect to V3 on either Samsung phone, or Acer 7" tablet, yet Vemstune bluetooth connection works great from PC to V3.

I was basically told that the developers cannot be sure that the Vems display will work with all hardware, which is a bit shit really because I see nothing that says whay hardware it does work with.

I've also had a dead Vems bluetooth adapter, but because of events at home, I never got the chance to send it back, so this whole episode has cost me an arm and a leg and it still doesnt work!

Offline Sprocket

« Reply #141 on: October 07, 2013, 07:37:09 pm »
Yes, I've paired BT module with my phone (for ex. MSDroid for MSII ECU is working fine). Vemsdisplay is saying Connecting...  and that's all.

Forgot to say, that is what mine does too, just says connecting, then does nothing else.

Offline VemsedE36

« Reply #142 on: October 07, 2013, 07:50:40 pm »

Forgot to say, that is what mine does too, just says connecting, then does nothing else.

Sounds to me you have firmware issue..Try fw 1.2.11

Offline Sprocket

« Reply #143 on: October 07, 2013, 08:33:16 pm »

Sounds to me you have firmware issue..Try fw 1.2.11

I have been dealing direct with the developers. I have the current version of everything. I've tried triggerframe and aim, with all the correct settings needed and it still doesnt work.

There is clearly a bug somewhere. It works in some applications but not others. I have basically been told that it depends on the hardware used, IE the smart phone or the tablet.

If you have any other advice that I have not tried other than using the latest versions of firmware/software, I am all ears........................

Offline VemsedE36

« Reply #144 on: October 07, 2013, 08:56:55 pm »
Sprocket, have you tried another android device? I tried Samsung galaxy s2 and samsung note 2 and both of them were working well, I did not have any experience with other devices, could be samsung's hardware more compatible than others

Offline Sprocket

« Reply #145 on: October 07, 2013, 09:05:51 pm »
Yes i bought an Acer Aspire tablet specifically for Vems display. Other than the two Samsung phones I do not own any othe android device and i cannot justify buying anything else for it not to work.

Offline VemsedE36

« Reply #146 on: October 07, 2013, 10:07:52 pm »
You need to borrow at least to know your exact problem.  :'(

Offline mattias

• Global Moderator
  • BHP: 41
    • Sävar Turbo Site
« Reply #147 on: October 08, 2013, 06:50:35 am »
In VemsTune, check the bluetooth communication option/speed. I can't remember specifically now what to set/look for.

I've tried it on a cheap tablet (Android 4.1), ZTE Blade with (2.3) and my Samsung S3 (4.1). No problems so far, you seem to have a very rare issue.

Offline Pet

« Reply #148 on: October 08, 2013, 07:50:25 am »
Hi, thanks to Sprocket to confirm the same behaviour.
 VemsedE36: I've already wrote it, I have FW 1.2.11 and BT connection is working with different ECU and APK (MSII + MSDroid) , it means, THERE IS NO PROBLEM WITH HW. And if I found out, that for ex. SG II is working well and Lenovo P770 not (still remember that with MSDroid can do), what does it mean ? :) The only one thing:  Incompatibility between VemsDisplay and some phone(tablet) HW.

Edit:  My mate has Samsung Galaxy Note II, I''ll try it tomorrow and let you know.
« Last Edit: October 08, 2013, 12:38:15 pm by Pet »

Offline VemsedE36

« Reply #149 on: October 08, 2013, 08:30:54 pm »
In VemsTune, check the bluetooth communication option/speed. I can't remember specifically now what to set/look for.

I've tried it on a cheap tablet (Android 4.1), ZTE Blade with (2.3) and my Samsung S3 (4.1). No problems so far, you seem to have a very rare issue.

Does your Samsung s2 read EGT value in triggerframe mode? It does not with me.

« Last Edit: October 08, 2013, 08:37:16 pm by VemsedE36 »