Author Topic: Audi RS2  (Read 245000 times)

Offline AVP

• BHP: 11
Re: Audi RS2
« Reply #120 on: June 08, 2009, 01:07:25 am »
When you have a setup with the IAC enabled, is it normal to have different VE readings to achieve lamda=1 on idle,right?

is it normal that the rest of the VE map messes up a little bit, if you had it done for advance based idle only?

i get the impression that when i enable the IAC not only the bins around idle need changing,but more than those...

Offline gunni

• BHP: 37
« Reply #121 on: June 08, 2009, 03:56:39 am »
It should not change as your measuring pressure and nothing else.
So if pressure changes so does air flow.

Offline AVP

« Reply #122 on: June 08, 2009, 04:02:10 am »
ok thanks!!

Offline audis2turbo

• BHP: 1
« Reply #123 on: June 08, 2009, 05:16:34 pm »
I corrected the timing on his map (it was indeed off, that happened when I moved to using the hall inverter which shifted the value for TDC after the trigger).  I've sent him the correct details for his ecu.  The settings he was running had his curve retarded by ~5 degrees.

What setting was wrong in Megatune?
Are we heading to 1.1.44?
1.1.44 If the error-free and runs on the Audi?

the new target with eventually be the 1.1.5x branch.  I'm comfortable with 1.1.44 until 1.1.5x is stable.  The setting that changed is under primary trigger settings.  TDC after the trigger.  I had it set to 66, should be 56.

I use in Megatune with 1.1.27 :  TDC after the trigger 62!
62° this is correct!

Offline AVP

« Reply #124 on: June 08, 2009, 05:18:54 pm »
is it 62 or 56 now?

do you have the hall inverter as well?

Offline mswanson

• BHP: 4
« Reply #125 on: June 08, 2009, 07:27:49 pm »
I corrected the timing on his map (it was indeed off, that happened when I moved to using the hall inverter which shifted the value for TDC after the trigger).  I've sent him the correct details for his ecu.  The settings he was running had his curve retarded by ~5 degrees.

the new target with eventually be the 1.1.5x branch.  I'm comfortable with 1.1.44 until 1.1.5x is stable.  The setting that changed is under primary trigger settings.  TDC after the trigger.  I had it set to 66, should be 56.

62° this is correct!

56 was timing light verified for Vasilis. Do you have a cam hall inverter?

Offline audis2turbo

« Reply #126 on: June 10, 2009, 05:14:36 am »

62° this is correct!

56 was timing light verified for Vasilis. Do you have a cam hall inverter?

Yes I have the Cam Hall inverter under the Camshaftwheel.Aber whether this is on you now I can not exactly say.
Trigger tooth when a 0 is disabled or is then on???
My settings are:
TDC after the Trigger               62
Number of teeth on Wheel         90
Trigger tooth                            0
Next Trigger tooth                    18

TDC What settings do you use?

I have the TDC (62 °) with the Timing light determined.

Sorry for my bad english ;-)

Offline mswanson

« Reply #127 on: June 10, 2009, 08:38:13 am »
Yes I have the Cam Hall inverter under the Camshaftwheel.Aber whether this is on you now I can not exactly say.
My settings are:

For what its worth, they ship the ecus from Hungary with 58 as the default for TDC after the trigger.  Frankly I think the slight variation can be from different reference pin arrangements.  My testing was done on a stock S6 flywheel with the big square reference peg.  My setting is 56 timing light verified, all the rest of the settings the same as you list.

what mark are you using to strobe the light on?  I manually rotated my motor to TDC using a screwdriver down cylinder #1 and painted a mark visible through the bell housing viewport on the flywheel so I could strobe against that paint mark to check the timing.  dont rely on the factory flywheel reference marks.

Offline audis2turbo

« Reply #128 on: June 10, 2009, 06:40:46 pm »
My settings are:

For what its worth, they ship the ecus from Hungary with 58 as the default for TDC after the trigger.  Frankly I think the slight variation can be from different reference pin arrangements.  My testing was done on a stock S6 flywheel with the big square reference peg.  My setting is 56 timing light verified, all the rest of the settings the same as you list.

what mark are you using to strobe the light on?  I manually rotated my motor to TDC using a screwdriver down cylinder #1 and painted a mark visible through the bell housing viewport on the flywheel so I could strobe against that paint mark to check the timing.  dont rely on the factory flywheel reference marks.

Hello,

I have an aluminum flywheel from Fidanza.Das is the same as the 3B engine.
The timing light is from Bosch and works great.
I have tested the 1 Cylinder with 0 ° at Spark Timing.I have the timing lamp on the vibration damper held where the notch is.

Just curious as I have my VEMS PNP also with the 58 ° adjustment from getting(buying) Vems.hu

If this is the Cur Flywheels different PIN's would then have to do not with the stock Motronic ECU running.

http://www.vems.hu/wiki/index.php?page=InputTrigger%2FAudiTrigger

Greets

Offline GintsK

• BHP: 50
« Reply #129 on: June 10, 2009, 09:33:11 pm »
most of mines Audis are 61..62 IIRC.

But one time I saw difference when gearbox and flywheel was mounted from N/A 7A.

I suggest confirm with timing light in every case.

Gints

Offline audis2turbo

« Reply #130 on: June 11, 2009, 04:47:03 pm »
most of mines Audis are 61..62 IIRC.

But one time I saw difference when gearbox and flywheel was mounted from N/A 7A.

I suggest confirm with timing light in every case.

Gints

Hello,
So do you use the 61 or 62 ° setting at TDC after the trigger right?
Thats the same as my ;-)

Greets

Offline AVP

« Reply #131 on: June 12, 2009, 04:55:59 am »
but is there a difference between those that have alu flywheel or other custom parts than the OEM parts?

i have the OEM dual mass flywheel on the rs2. so since marc has the same,im thinking that the timing should be more towards that number

Offline audis2turbo

« Reply #132 on: June 12, 2009, 06:08:59 am »
but is there a difference between those that have alu flywheel or other custom parts than the OEM parts?

i have the OEM dual mass flywheel on the rs2. so since marc has the same,im thinking that the timing should be more towards that number

The Fidanza sits in exactly the same as when cycling or 3B ABY, AAN, ADU wheel.Also the Pen is on the same as the 3B or other 5 Cylinders!
If these wheels would be different was the engine with the Motornik not run!Because the Motronik the founding of the G62 uses and with the Hall sensor test.When these two points by 1 ° does not agree with the engine running or not just in overdrive!

Offline AVP

« Reply #133 on: June 12, 2009, 01:34:53 pm »
well i dont know how to check my own trigger tooth...thats a problem

Offline mswanson

« Reply #134 on: June 15, 2009, 09:39:25 pm »

The Fidanza sits in exactly the same as when cycling or 3B ABY, AAN, ADU wheel.Also the Pen is on the same as the 3B or other 5 Cylinders!
If these wheels would be different was the engine with the Motornik not run!Because the Motronik the founding of the G62 uses and with the Hall sensor test.When these two points by 1 ° does not agree with the engine running or not just in overdrive!

not true.  I've found the pins on the aluminum flywheels to be offset from the factory position by up to 2 degrees.  The pin is also often under-specced (not long enough). I've had to fit longer pins several times to aluminum flywheel cars.